Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Garden Tour is Hot

Saturday's sweltering heat didn't stop our community from checking out this year's Garden Tour and Tea. I was set up at the Tea site which is generally the last stop on tourists' bill. A glass of tea was certainly a treat after visiting the first 6 gardens in the warm weather. Even though the hot sun was a conversation topic, I definitely heard more about how lovely the other gardens on our tour were. The ladies (and gentlemen) had a blast from what I could tell. It was a great event for everyone. While we haven't totalled out exactly how well the fundraiser has done for us, Garden Tour was a success nonetheless. I'll post pictures as soon as we come by them. Unfortunately, I never had a chance to get some shots. We hurriedly preparing so that everything was perfect when guests started showing up. So, if you or anyone you know has pictures from the event, please email me at hillaryhalbig@kykob.org and with your permission, I would love to post them here for everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment