Thursday, October 8, 2009

Thunder Cruise Rounds Out Season

...Fundraising season that is. With over 100 riders and around $16,000 raised, I would definitely say Twilight Thunder Cruise was a success! We had some great participants come out for the event clad in bandannas and chaps (just like the PSA requested), and one even won the big $5,000 raffle at the end of the night. We'd like to thank everyone who participated, sponsored, and volunteered. We couldn't have done it without all of you! Special thanks to Ruth Rose at Biker Up magazine for our two full page spreads in her excellent magazine and RC Components. Help them celebrate their 20th anniversary by checking out their products. I don't know much about bikes, but I understand they have amazing gear.

So that rounds out the fundraising season. As a first timer to not only Kids on the Block, but the nonprofit world in general, I have to say it's exhausting, yet exciting. With one round under my belt I'll be looking forward to making each fundraiser better next year...after the winter breather of course!
As for the picture: That would be Candi and myself pausing for a quick shot before hitting the crowd to model the leather Harley jacket for the raffle.

No comments:

Post a Comment